Mellania E. Safarian, Esq. is an experienced litigator whose practice primarily focuses on the defense of individuals and companies in a variety of insurance-related matters, including but not limited to, product liability actions involving pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and auto manufacturers. In 2020 and 2021, Ms. Safarian was recognized as a Rising Star honoree by Super Lawyers for Civil-Litigation-Defense.
Ms. Safarian received her J.D. from the University of San Diego School of Law where she graduated Cum Laude with a concentration in International Law. While in law school, Ms. Safarian earned multiple honors including the Order of Barristers and several CALI awards. Ms. Safarian was also a judicial extern to the Honorable Judge Larry A. Burns for the U.S. District Court, Southern District of California.
Outside of the courtroom, Ms. Safarian is an active member of the legal community. She chaired the New Lawyer Division for the San Diego County Bar Association and was a part of the San Diego County Bar Association’s Board of Directors. Ms. Safarian was also a member of the Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court.
- 2020-2022 Rising Star honoree
- Chair of the New Lawyer Division for the San Diego County Bar Association (2019)
- Board Member of the San Diego County Bar Association’s Board of Directors (2019)
- San Diego County Bar Association involvement since 2017
- Member of the Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court (2018-2020)