Saba Zafar is Special Counsel in Bradley, Gmelich + Wellerstein LLP’s Employment Law Department. Ms. Zafar has over a decade of experience in employment and business law. Ms. Zafar focuses her practice of providing strategic advice and counsel in all aspects of employment and business law, including, drafting and implementation of HR policies and procedures, Employee Handbooks, providing advice to clients on personnel issues as well as general business matters, and revising, drafting, and negotiating service and vendor agreements.
Prior to joining Bradley, Gmelich + Wellerstein LLP, Ms. Zafar was a Senior Counsel providing advice and counsel to mid-sized to large businesses on employment law compliance and day-to-day employment issues, including implementing policies and procedures, employee classifications, employment separations, managing and disciplining employees, and COVID-19 rules and regulations. Ms. Zafar also handled a wide variety of employment matters in state and federal court, including cases involving wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation and wage and hour cases.
In her spare time, Ms. Zafar has volunteered as a Mediator for the Department of Consumer Affairs and the Orange County Human Resources Department. She was also a Volunteer Tutor for Schools on Wheels, tutoring elementary school students on skid row in Los Angeles. Prior to practicing law, Ms. Zafar was a Judicial Extern for California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District.
Outside of work and her volunteer endeavors, Ms. Zafar enjoys embarking on culinary adventures and catching up on new television shows.
- Cypress College, 2018
- Tri-County Dental Hygiene Society, 2019
- Los Angeles Dental Hygiene Society, 2018
- Super Lawyers honoree, 2021
- Super Lawyers Rising Star honoree, 2019-2020
- CELA Barristers Award, October 2018
- Orange County Human Resources – Mediation Course Certification, August 2017
- Mediation Training – Orange County Human Relations
- The Auk: Journal of American Ornithologist’s union: “Genetic Divergence and Differentiation within Western Scrub-Jays.” (October 2008)
NEWS + INSIGHTS
Is the Time Up for Time-Rounding in California?February 27, 2023