Barry Bradley co-founded our firm and serves as its Managing Partner. A seasoned litigator with strong business acumen and deep industry experience, Barry leads the firm’s Business law team.
Barry A. Bradley is the firm’s Managing Partner. Prior to founding the firm with Tom Gmelich, he served as a Deputy District Attorney for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, Hardcore Gang Prosecution Division, where he had over thirty jury trials (including numerous murder trials), and countless bench trials and preliminary hearings. For nearly three decades Mr. Bradley has applied his law enforcement background with marked effectiveness to civil litigation and trials, representing the private security and business industries, both in the courts and in administrative proceedings. Mr. Bradley serves as general corporate counsel to numerous businesses throughout the State, and helps navigate his clients through licensing issues with the State security licensing entity. He also supervises the firm’s attorneys in the litigation of their cases and in providing legal advice to the firm’s clients.
- AV Preeminent Peer Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Southern California Super Lawyers honoree – for the past 14 consecutive years – Business Litigation
- Maria D. v. Westec Residential Security, Inc. 85 Cal. App. 4th 125: The California Court of Appeal held that an alleged rape committed by a uniformed security officer while on duty is outside of the course and scope of employment, thus shielding the corporation from respondent superior (vicarious) liability.
- Borg-Warner Protective Services Corporation dba Wells Fargo Guard Services v. Superior Court75 Cal. App. 4th 1203:
- The California Court of Appeal ruled that the State’s Private Security Services Act section addressing a security company’s obligations still allows the company to assert the defense that it is not liable for its employees’ actions committed outside the course and scope of employment.
- The Californian – regular contributor of the Legal Update column, a quarterly publication of the California Association of Security Agencies, Guards & Associates (CALSAGA).
- Authored California’s required legal training modules for security officers, published by CALSAGA.
- Authored articles which have appeared in numerous publications in several states throughout the security industry.
- Law Enforcement and Private Security Conference of L.A. (LEAPS) Board Advisor and Sponsorship Chair since its inception, 2000 – Present
- International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety – Past Board Member, Greater Los Angeles Chapter
- ASIS-International – Legal Advisor to San Fernando Valley Chapter; member since 1993
- Glendale Police & Private Security Partnership – Past Board Member and Founding Member
- California Association of Licensed Security Agencies, Guards &Associates (CALSAGA) – Legal Advisor since its inception in 1996 – Present
- Los Angeles Police Museum – Legal Counsel
- American Youth Soccer Association (AYSO), Region 88 – Past Board Member, Coach, Referee
- District Attorney Alumni Association, Los Angeles County – current Board Member and co-chair